Saturday, November 15, 2008

A note of sanity...

I've been amazed at the anger I built up before the election.

I've been afraid of it, actually. I found myself shouting at the walls when Chris wasn't around; shouting at the insanity on some of the radio stations; talking back to some of the moronicity I heard, even on respected stations like the BBC. And, being the conflict-averse person I am, I just shrank back from it all. I didn't want to get into the shouting-matches. Yes, I am a coward.

And then, catching up on blogging after a week away, I found this. I won't say anything more - because to do that would reduce the impact of what's being said here. If you know someone who is vocal on this topic, ask them to respond - preferably in writing - to the questions posed here. Thank you, Keith Olbermann, for your brave words of compassion and your plea for honesty on this topic. And thanks to Eugene at Paradoxy for the hat-tip:

2 comments:

Ed G. said...

As someone who feels that God intended for marriage to be between a man and a woman, I woke up on November 5th surprised. Surprised at how sad I was that Prop 8 passed. Angry that this question was even on the ballot. And embarrassed that many proponents of this initiative did so in the name of Christ.

I kept coming back to the same verse in scripture. "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."

Against such thing there is no law. Thank you for sharing this KO clip and peace to you and Chris.

TN Rambler said...

ed g was more eloquent in his response than I probably would have been, so I won't say anything more. Thanks for sharing this commentary.

Peace.