Friday, August 27, 2004

Quick reflections...

...since it's nearly 2 a.m. Eastern time, and I'm way past ready for bed.

Wednesday night, I had stayed late at work, and so didn't get to the Garfield Blvd. GreenLine stop until 9 p.m. It was raining, and lightning was flashing overhead. I wondered - how close do you have to be to a lightning strike to have it be dangerous? I had to admit going through a self-composed "litany for lives in peril" as I stood in the mist and rain underneath a huge metal superstructure topped with highly-electrified rails! The bus didn't come for nearly 40 minutes - and I could have walked, if I wasn't more afraid of getting mugged along the perimeter of Washington Park. But I got to see some magnificent displays of what we Easterners used to call "heat lightning" - truly works of a magnificent Creator!

Next week, we will have an end to the moving saga, and a discussion on communion - plus considering whatever angels or demons have to to whisper in one's ear on any other topic.

For now, I am grateful to be here and safe...there were enough madmen and fools out that it got dicey a couple times! G'night...or (more accurately) G'morning...

No comments: