Tuesday, February 14, 2006

The truly scary, and the truly inspiring.

My bloggin' brother Poor Mad Peter has much that's great to read, and is a truly talented photographer. Last night, in an effort to catch up in the blogosphere, I checked out what's been going on in Thunder Bay. In among all the great reflections, I found a post linked to a page titled The American Taliban.

Now, before you go there, I'm going to be upfront with my concerns about the site. There is no reference or trackback to the sources of any of quotes listed, so I can't prove that any of these were said - though many are certainly either infamous, or in a similar vein to other quotes that I have heard personally. And they are all quotes standing alone, lifted out of context. I'm more than sure that there are more than a few quotes of mine that, taken out of context, would seem pretty unpleasant.

But as Peter wrote in the comments on his post, there's an awful lot written on that page that couldn't possibly be defensible, in any context. It's just really difficult to read those kinds of comments and not get angry.

Once you're done there, though, the perfect spiritual antidote is these two posts from Rick over at a new life emerging. His post on swallowing camels hearkens back to my second blog posting on the same topic.

I'm feeling better, but I'm also off to the salt mines...

2 comments:

Peter said...

And your concerns are perfectly justified, Steve Man. I am firmly on the Left of things. so it's easier for me to stand agog and shocked at excessive rhetoric from the Right, but I've hung my head in shame at some of the idiotic stuff emerging from the Left, too. {sigh}

Actually, I was going to zap that posting today, and still might, but if anyone's really looking for the link, check out the official David Crosby (Byrds, CSNY, etc etc)site, Politics section. David has never been known for his moderation in anything...

Anonymous said...

Brother Steve, thank you for your hat tip to Rick's post. It is sad how so many who profess Him do not follow Him. God bless you for your honesty and example.