Sunday, November 07, 2004

Identifying "defining moments"

Over the last couple weeks, I've had more than a few people ask variations on the same question:
"I like what you write...but I don't have time to read your entire blog, from start to finish. Can you point me toward the entries in your blog that say what's really been going on with you?"
Well, that got to be kind of tough...because the last year - and certainly the last six or seven months - have been a bit of a rollercoaster. But I went through, and picked out a group of entries that were "defining moments" - points in time where I either had to make a decision (or survive someone else's decision); points where my path has changed (for better or worse); and points where I've shared some past moments that have shaped my life, my faith, and/or my recovery. So I've gathered them together, and put them into a "Defining Moments Postings" box in the sidebar.

Now, I can assure you - you won't be able to read these few postings and know my life, my faith, or my entire stand on any particular theme or issue. But for my new friends, this is a way to "catch up," I guess, and see the "big ticket items" in my personal inventory over the last few months I've been blogging.

Looking back since I restarted blogging at the very end of June, I can certainly say, "...what a long, strange trip it's been." And I'm sure it will be a growing, evolving, changing time, going forward, too.

I'm eager to see where the road leads...

No comments: