Thursday, September 22, 2005

No, I haven't died....

...or been hospitalized, or anything else. It's just been four very busy days.

My last day in my old job was Monday, and I was there until almost 11 pm tying up loose ends and making things a little easier for the transition, if they ever get enough funds to hire a membership person again. For now, their highly-compensated development director is going to be taking time from her work to do the clerical stuff. I feel sorry for her - she was hired to do a nearly-impossible job, and now faces the same drought of fundraising that happened after 9/11. The organization is not yet talking about cutting staff - but their payroll is very much in doubt at this point. Which makes me a little nervous about my next check...

I've had a couple of what seem like good interviews, even though the potential positions won't start until mid-October. Part of the goal for this weekend, besides apartment-stuff, is blasting out more e-applications (especially on the government side). And praying a lot more....

I had a late night Tuesday talking with two AA sponsees, and Wednesday had dinner with another sponsee that lasted until 9:30, so I got home about 10:15, and just kinda crashed. I've had my fall allergic problems, which means that my CPAP isn't helping me breath as well at night, which isn't helping my energy levels. So I'm just running on low battery.

Tonight is the AA meeting I chair on the U of C campus, tomorrow I'll be with a friend shopping for our men's meeting breakfast on Saturday. But Saturday afternoon and Sunday are mine, and I hope to get a lot of cleaning and organizing done. So more will be coming, soon....

2 comments:

Keith Brenton said...

Tomorrow (Friday) is my last day at work, and I'll be looking for something new next week ... you'll be in my prayers as a fellow machete-wielder on the job safari!

Anonymous said...

Steve:

You are in my prayers!