Friday, September 23, 2005

Today's posting....

...is actually over here, at A Virtual Celebration. Talking about prayer, and the need for simplicity and honesty. Check it out.

It's gonna be a busy weekend - I've got two AA committments Friday night and Saturday night, and a friend from school whose grandfather died - the visitation and funeral both occuring during the two previous committments. And the job that's supposed to end in a week wants me to work all weekend. Never rains but that it pours, eh?

But I'm not fleeing for my life today, so I can't help but give thanks for safety, and offer prayers for those in dire straits. God, clear a path to safety for all of them...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh i like this one. stop on over at my blog when ya get a chance.

Anonymous said...

Steve....good luck with your busy weekend...mine is mostly done...but have to do some work, start an electric job for a neighbor, get over for the 4 pm meeting, get back, shop, and try to both take care of kid and feed mommy...then when she's in bed, clean house for in-laws tomorrow...I Hate to clean...just hate it....gotta do what needs to be done...."obligations squarely met", I believe the man said...at any rate...glad to finally found you....

I agree with your former post from last week.....action is everything...reflection is useful but no substitute...action, man...get off your ass.....we want to be judged by our intentions.....not our actions....and inaction, living in the fantasy of "how good I will be when I start being good,' engenders a total lack of understanding of the limits and real world constraints that atre imposed on us...I say that from experience, not pontificationa dictum.

anyway, good to find you...see ya around...you're always welcome on sundays..but you know that.

peter m.