Friday, September 30, 2005

Oh, well, it was a nice try...

Well, that's too bad.

My home church, Atonement Lutheran in Overland Park, KS, is still hosting a concert with Denver & the Mile-High Orchestra on Friday, October 7th. But they have cancelled the encounter with Len Sweet - basically because it would be impossible to justify his fee, even if registration doubled over the weekend (they had only 22 confirmed registrants as of this morning).

I understand the church's decision - even though I really regret it. It kind of takes me off the hook, though, since I was really struggling with the cost of the trip. I may still take a Thursday and Friday off to go to West Des Moines to experience the Immersion post-modern worship service at the Lutheran Church of Hope. But it won't be this coming weekend.

Well, I left at 8:30 to pick up a guy and go to my regular Saturday morning meeting up in Wicker Park. Thanks to some kind of marathon downtown, and road closures elsewhere, it took nearly two hours to make it back to Hyde Park to drop him off - so it's now 3 PM and I haven't even begun to start my Saturday routine. Oh, and I'm committed to a gig tonight from 6-9:30.

Tomorrow - nothing, absolutely NOTHING is happening tomorrow. I am taking care of me, and my stuff, tomorrow - period, paragraph.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck today, raggy....

My house, home, and life is a sea of undone tasks and unmet expectations...each one, like a set of russian dolls, opens into another and another and yet another.....tasks grow and time shrinks...

good luck today, my friend!

peter

tonymyles said...

Too bad about the Len Sweet cancel... his gifts would have had a great impact.